A documentation of my preservation and preparation of local foods as I work through the seasons. This will serve as a reference tool for me in the future and as a sharing guide for family and friends...and anyone else interested. Hopefully, I can offer some useful methods, tips and recipes to share with everyone--be they novice or pro--and encourage them to join me in the exciting world of preserving and cooking with local foods.



Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Onions, Peppers and Cherry Tomatoes--diced and dehydrated

Before we get our first frost, I rushed to get my jars of dehydrated veggies filled again.  I love having jars of dehydrated veggies to throw in and on soups, stews, casseroles, stir fries, appetisers, cheese...you name it!  I used the sweetest and most flavorful varieties of veggies for this--sungold cherry tomatoes, Cipellini onions and Marconi peppers.  They all get a toasty-sweet and concentrated flavor from dehydrating and are even delicious just to snack on. 
 Jars are full--I'm ready for that frost.

And a bonus--enough left over for some freezer bags. 
 Saves me lots of chopping when I need diced peppers/onions for a recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment