A documentation of my preservation and preparation of local foods as I work through the seasons. This will serve as a reference tool for me in the future and as a sharing guide for family and friends...and anyone else interested. Hopefully, I can offer some useful methods, tips and recipes to share with everyone--be they novice or pro--and encourage them to join me in the exciting world of preserving and cooking with local foods.



Monday, September 19, 2011

Freezing Jalepeno Peppers

Whenever I have a garden with a couple of jalepeno plants, I get a ton more than I can use in making salsas (or I get them donated to me from other gardeners who have a couple of jalepeno plants themselves).  Nothing could be more simple than freezing jalepeno peppers!! Just wash and dry the peppers, put them in a freezer bag and toss in the freezer. Some years I hardly use a one, and other years the bag gets used up on appetiser trays in a variety of ways: stuffed with cream cheese, breaded and fried, pickled, diced in a cheese ball...
No need to wear gloves when processing them this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment