A documentation of my preservation and preparation of local foods as I work through the seasons. This will serve as a reference tool for me in the future and as a sharing guide for family and friends...and anyone else interested. Hopefully, I can offer some useful methods, tips and recipes to share with everyone--be they novice or pro--and encourage them to join me in the exciting world of preserving and cooking with local foods.



Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mae's Strawberry Jam

I loved hearing that my niece's little girl Mae Schmit, age 7, is already learning to can.  She made strawberry jam and here are her instructions for it.
"Cut the strawberries into, like, little cutouts; and then put them in two batches of water.  Then dump the water out and keep the strawberries in there.  Then put two teaspoons of sugar in and then put it in the microwave.  Then put one more cup of sugar in.  Then you're all done and then you mix it and put it in the jar."
And here's the results:
Mae and her homemade jam



No comments:

Post a Comment