A documentation of my preservation and preparation of local foods as I work through the seasons. This will serve as a reference tool for me in the future and as a sharing guide for family and friends...and anyone else interested. Hopefully, I can offer some useful methods, tips and recipes to share with everyone--be they novice or pro--and encourage them to join me in the exciting world of preserving and cooking with local foods.



Monday, May 16, 2011

Cinnamon Rolls

I make these warm, gooey treats for our Christmas Breakfast, following my mother's tradition.  I'm sure to make plenty for a quick breakfast treat on other Winter mornings.  They can be frozen individually and warmed in the microwave (1 min.); then frosted(recipe included)

Cinnamon Rolls            
350   ungreased 9x12 pan(s)    makes 1-2 dozen cinnamon rolls
Make “Mom’s Milk Bread” dough (recipe found in previous blog under “Bread Baking”).  After the first rising of dough to double size, punch dough down and roll out into large, thin rectangle.  Slather rectangle with coat of soft butter.  Then cover with light coat of brown sugar.  I put a fistful of brown sugar in the center, then lightly spread it over the butter with fingertips.  Add more as needed until butter covered.  Sprinkle generously with cinnamon.  Starting at one long end, roll up tightly.  Slice at 1” intervals.  Put in cake pan(s) to rise.  Let rise to double.  Bake to light brown.  While hot, turn pan over onto another pan.  Frost while warm, but not hot.

Frosting:  2 TB butter, 1 tsp vanilla, sifted powdered sugar (2-4 cups), milk
--Mix butter and vanilla, add powdered sugar alternately with milk until thick, store in fridge 

No comments:

Post a Comment