A documentation of my preservation and preparation of local foods as I work through the seasons. This will serve as a reference tool for me in the future and as a sharing guide for family and friends...and anyone else interested. Hopefully, I can offer some useful methods, tips and recipes to share with everyone--be they novice or pro--and encourage them to join me in the exciting world of preserving and cooking with local foods.



Friday, December 9, 2011

The Fruits (and vegetables) of my Labor

With most of my preserving season now officially over, I can settle back to enjoy the bountiful harvest of my farmers and the subsequent fruits of my labor.  I am dazzled by color and texture everytime I open my canning pantry, freezer and dried foods cupboard.  A wonderful way to settle in for Winter.
Applesauce, Peaches, Tomatoes and Pears--
Canning jars filled by a woman who cares!

Dried Grains, Beans, Herbs and Spice,
Nuts and Fruit and Everything Nice!

Two Freezers full--fowl, soup broth and meat,
veggies and leftovers ready to heat!

No need to go shopping, my work is done;
With a passion for cooking, it's time for my fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment