A documentation of my preservation and preparation of local foods as I work through the seasons. This will serve as a reference tool for me in the future and as a sharing guide for family and friends...and anyone else interested. Hopefully, I can offer some useful methods, tips and recipes to share with everyone--be they novice or pro--and encourage them to join me in the exciting world of preserving and cooking with local foods.



Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Watergate Cake--March dessert of the month

This is a flavorful, rich cake with a light topping. 
The recipe was passed down to me by my sister, Sally Jack.  I never fail to make it for St. Pat's Day; either for us or some other deserving souls.  This year my in-laws were the lucky recipients.  I don't exactly recall why it is called Watergate cake, but I recall it has something to do with the color (green), the number 7 (7-up), the bake temp (335), the bake time (32 min). 
This melt-in-your-mouth cake is always a hit!
Watergate Cake     335 degrees   32 min
1 deluxe white cake mix (B.Crocker or Pillsbury)
1 box pistachio instant pudding
3 eggs
2/3 cup oil
1 cup cold 7-Up
--Combine and bake at 335 for 32 min.  It may not look done, but it is.
Topping:
1-1/2 cups milk
1 box pistachio instant pudding
1 tub Cool Whip (8 oz)
--Mix milk and pudding; let stand until thick.  Fold in Cool Whip.


No comments:

Post a Comment